I have been on the shelf for over a month now with a sprained ankle. I believe since February 9. My last basketball injury forced me to miss a race, but I’m determined to make this one, mainly because the medal is dope. I’ve got a month and a half left. I changed my distance from the full to the half marathon and I’ll limp all 13 miles if I have to for that medal.
Since I haven’t been running, here are a five things that have happened, a few which didn’t happen during my last running break.
- Acne has started showing up on my forehead. Every morning I’ve got a new one to pop. Running decreases stress, while stress contributes to acne. During this break I’ve been preparing to publish my first novel, Little Big Brother. Makes sense.
- I’m actually dreaming and they’ve been crazy. This started a week ago, along with terrible sleep. I never dream. Never. But this week I’ve dreamed about baking a chubby kid a cake, eating someone’s face and Laura speaking only in rhymes.
- Sleepy. It’s harder to wake up and harder to stay awake at night.
- All of my muscles are tight. I’m trying to stretch and work out, but it’s just not working.
- Lack of appetite. I love to eat, but over the past few weeks there have been days I don’t eat breakfast or lunch because I’m just not hungry.